“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dear Iron,

Today we will say our tearful good-byes
as you get ready to return to Cambodia.

I am so grateful that God ordained for you
to be in Portland during this past year.
You prayed with me. You cried with me.
And you loved me enough to admonish me.
Hence, you have been like "iron" to me.

I have come to the realization that perhaps
one of the many reasons you were here
- at this very time -
was because of the school closing.
You were able to give me (and countless others)
a different perspective.
You challenged me "toward love and good deeds."


May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:20-21 (NIV)

Blessings,
Sheri (a co-iron in Christ!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so neat seeing a picture of you and Jenny....two ladies I love and miss....and will continue to miss. You both enriched me this year....and I thank God for you! CL

Anonymous said...

Dear Sheri,

I have just read what you wrote -- thank you. Ok, Ok, yes, there are tears in my eyes! You are a blessing to my life as well, and I have been wearing the beautiful bracelet.

Thank you for the many insights you shared with me and with others, to encourage and just remind us how God speaks through the everyday things. He is so good. I love that picture of the over-watered bush that needed pruning so the area around could also get some sunlight and flourish. Also the verse from Psalm 126 -- so timely and so perfect.

You will be in my prayers and my heart. May God use us both in this next year -- both to receive his molding work in our lives, and to pour out into others.

I love you, sister --

Jenny