“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, June 4, 2007

The Lingering Garden





I'm not sure what has come over me lately. I am not a gardener at all. However, our backyard has been quite the sanctuary for me this spring. Last year due to illness it went neglected entirely. Now, it causes me to linger. To want to be outside. It is as if the Lord wants me to be gardening.

Psalm 126:6

He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.

What a promise! There's been a bit of weeping with the school year closing out (new school next year)...but what a promise...there will be a harvest!

2 comments:

ok, dispencer said...

this is one peaceful bolg. i enjoy your words of wisdom. :)

ruth said...

What a beautiful garden. It is so peaceful looking. What a great way to share it with everyone.