“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Soul Mother

Christopher, Sheri, Ruth and Flo

There are certain people in our lives who minister to our souls. As soon as we meet them, we know they are kindred spirits. One of my dear friends, Ruth, has been such a loving comfort to me during difficult times. Just thinking of her draws me closer to the throne room of God. When we met, she adopted me as her "soul daughter." What a priviledge it has been!

My dear Ruth had a stroke this morning. She is 94 years old. I ask that you would pray for Ruth's health, for the doctor's wisdom, and for her family's comfort.

I love you, Soul Mother Ruth.

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Her children arise and call her blessed...
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Passages from Proverbs 31:26-30

2 comments:

cammyk said...

This is such a lovely photo. Where is it? Will keep Ruth in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sheri
What a lovely picture. I will be praying for this lady. I sort of remember you talking about a older friend.
Love Ruth