“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, June 4, 2007

What is a "Leaking Window"?

On a recent tour of the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, Christopher and I had the opportunity to learn about "leak windows."
"Lan Su Yuan Leak Windows - each with a unique design depicting nature or a geometric pattern - invite a “borrowed view,” sharing a glimpse of the verdant beauty that lies beyond." http://www.portlandchinesegarden.org/

Christopher and I had been discussing what we should call our blog. He had suggested "cheeseywheesey." After visiting the garden together, I suggested "The Leaking Window" and he happily agreed.


It's hard to believe that this beautiful garden is situated right within the city.



Stones in the pathway are designed to help you relax when they hit the pressure points of your feet. One of Christopher's classmates called them "Feet Tranquilizers." Well, we had just been in the Courtyard of Tranquility!




Xièxīe, Miss Rachel!

1 comment:

ruth said...

What a lovely place to visit, so close to home.