“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Rose for Ruth

Photo taken at the Portland International Rose Test Garden

Anthony and I had a date last Saturday at the Rose Garden. It is so beautiful there. We were looking for climbing roses. When my darling Ruth passed away on July 4th, I told Anthony that I would like to do something in my garden to remember her life. He suggested a climbing rose in her favorite color. Red. So, we looked for a flourishing aromatic, red, climbing rose.

I hadn't seen Ruth in a couple months although I had spoken with her. I had just written in my journal on June 24th, "Visit Ruth or else!" as a reminder to do so. Two days later she had her first stroke. Thank God I was able to visit with her three times before her last stroke. When the Lord prompts you "or else" -- don't choose the "or else"!

Ruth was so eager to see her Lord. She teased me that she would know so much more before I did. That she was excited at the prospect of jumping up and down when she saw Jesus.

She also told me that she wished we had more time together.
Me, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri
What a great way to remember your friend Ruth. Great knitting projects. I am sure they will be loved by everyone.
Oh great looking couple.
Love mom (Ruth)

cammyk said...

So sorry to hear about Ruth. What a lovely way remember your friend.

walkalongside said...

Love you will have a remembrance of Ruth. What a treasure she has been in our lives. I got a CD of photos of Ruth from Linda yesterday afternoon. I will be combining Linda and my photos unto one CD. Do you want to send me yours or some of yours??? I will be making copies for people at the Aug 6 time of remembrance. Am also working on a collage. These photo projects do help me with my grief and being able to let go with the joy as that person would want. Hmm. "Let go with joy." That is a thought... by God's grace we can.