“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sheri's Craft Corner

Bedazzled

This bracelet was handmade for one of my sisterchicks. Her birthday is tomorrow, so ruby beads, of course! I also found this red pouch at JoAnn Fabrics for 50 cents. I thought...hmm...good project for my Bedazzler that is collecting dust. I realized quickly that it is VERY important what kind of rhinestones you use. The ones that came with the Bedazzler are very poor quality. These gems I found on eBay sold by FAIRE LADY DESIGNS worked like a charm.


G'day, mate!

This cute little baby sweater was handmade for our friends, Rachel and Larry. It is the "5 Hour Baby Sweater" pattern from Bev's Country Cottage website. I guess it's true...it does at least take me 5 hours...plus 5-10 hours more. Actually, I adore this pattern. You can easily adapt it to different size needles, yarn, and adornments. This time I tried a single button closer to the waist, so that the button was NOT within mouth range. I think this is my seventh baby sweater. I always get the words of affirmation (oooh...ahhh) that I'm looking for when I give it away!


We met Rachel and Larry at church about nine weeks ago. They were visiting from Australia, so Larry could work on his doctorate at PSU. They returned home on Tuesday. You'll be in our prayers as we know we are in yours. PLEASE send baby photos! "It's just so beautiful, you know? Yeah!"




Trouble!

Oh, I am in so much trouble! This photo is of my sister's vest taken on Monday. I have since finished the left and right front and the back. I have pieced together the shoulders (using the triple needle bind-off). I have added a crochet edge of a contrasting yarn that my sister picked out. Okay, so don't tell my sister, but....I don't want to finish it. It is TOO cute. She picked out such a great color combination and it has turned out...I WANT IT! So, I was going to have it ready and mail it off today, but I changed my mind. It's still here with me. I'll probably finish it up tonight...but I really need to show it to some of my crafty friends before I say "adieu"! Lisa...you're gonna love it!

4 comments:

yardenxanthe said...

Nice job on the bracelet! Striking. I love the baby sweater, too. You do such great work!!

-Heather

walkalongside said...

Fun to see your projects. Love the vibrant colors! How neat you got acquainted with the couple from Australia. So very timely they would be here with our congregation.

Lisa said...

Hi,

That is a beautiful vest and sweater. You were right I love the color of the vest! I would want to keep it too.

I need your help. I made a sweater but it looks completely different than yours or the one I made the first time I did this pattern. It's just pure knit without any of the holes along the bottom or different knit along the top half. I need Sheri's expertise. Now I may need to start over and I have finished the sweater except for the buttons.

I love your blog. I'm sorry about your friend Ruth. That must be so sad.

How's the summer going? Ours is flying by.

Take care,

Lisa D.

cammyk said...

I'll have one in, let's see.....pink, black, white.....