“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Follow-up
to my desire
to stay ignorant
about life...

Christopher's Tiny Hands, Tiny Feet

My eyes are still dry and red. I just finished watching a video called, "Where Do Babies Come From?" My 3rd grade son will be watching this video in his class in the upcoming weeks of school. It is a video designed to answer - in an age appropriate and Biblically sound way - the common questions of this age group regarding human sexuality.

I AM NOT READY FOR THIS! I don't want my son to have this information! I don't want him to grow up! I want him to stay pure and young and innocent. Even ignorant....

Hmmm... this reminds me of my last post. Once Christopher gets this information, he can't go back. He will no longer look at the world through uninformed eyes. (Okay, here I am crying, again.) Wow! Who is doing the growing up here - him? or me?

So, here I am again... knowing that I will miss the days when Christopher was oblivious and would stay a little boy forever. Do all mom's go through this...or is it just because I have an only child?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri
The time of letting go of our children does come to each one of us, no matter if we have one or four children. As time passes by you will enjoy each season of Christopher's life. The seeds have been planted so watch him grow.
Ruth

Thirty-One Trendy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Since Jack just started kindergarten I haven't had to deal with this yet but I'm dreading it also. I don't think it's because he's your only son, I think it's just a sad thing when our precious kids learn these things and that they really are learning them younger and younger.

Kathy said...

Hi Sheri,
I came across your blog by doing a search of anyone who as Rush of Fools as one of their favorite musicians. I just wanted to find other Christian women's blogs to read and I found yours. I totally understand your tears about your son. These changes in our kids life are hard to take at times. One post on my blog is called "Doors" and I think you might like it if you'd like to visit. My blog is kathysklavier.blogspot.com
You should be able to find "Doors" in the archives around the first of August I think.