“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, August 3, 2007

Hummingbirds really do HUMMM!


Now, I know. Hummingbirds really do hum! We were sitting on our patio when this little fellow decided to flap his wings hard enough to let us know he was there. It was a much louder sound than I expected. Louder than a cat's purr.


Our little hummingbird is visiting quite often. I want to get this flower again next year to bring him back. I thought it was an impatient, but it seems like a different variety at least than my potted impatients. Can anyone name this flowering plant?

1 comment:

cammyk said...

I was just outside with my morning coffee and a hummingbird almost flew right into me! Is the flower a New Guinea impatient?