“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Post from My Personal Journal (08-28-07)


Sitting on the back patio at 8am. 58 degrees. Sunny. Blue skies.
Do I see the beauty of my garden? I think, what if my garden was "complete," would I truly enjoy it? If it didn't "need" me... if it didn't challenge me to consider - what do I find to be beautiful and pleasing? Would I spend as much time here if it was "complete"? No. I would spend less time. I wouldn't need to put effort here. I would begin to use my effort in another "room" of the house. I would begin to nurture elsewhere.

Why is it that I look at my garden through someone else's eyes or through my eyes, but critical? It is a soul searching. And now, it is as if I have gained enough knowledge to make me "dangerous." Long gone are the days I would just buy a plant I found beautiful and then take it home and plant it where MY eye pleased. Now, my so called knowledge of gardening causes me to think is this plant for sun or shade? acidic? water lover? annual or perennial? fall or spring?

I miss the days when I was ignorant and would plant beautiful anywhere and everywhere.

Oswald Chambers - "Faith must be tested,
because it can only become your intimate possession
through conflict."


5 comments:

cammyk said...

Sheri,
I think the days of planting "beautiful anywhere and everywhere" are gone my dear. I love this post. We now have something else to share.....the love of gardening.
Cammy

Kari said...

I think you've just summed up why it is I want to buy an "older" house the next time we move! I want my house to "need" me to make it pretty. How goofy does THAT sound? lol
I love this post, though. It speaks to me, it truly does (and about much more than gardening or decorating. Much more!).
Kari

Anonymous said...

Sheri
Gardening is a time to relax and enjoy the beauty.
Ruth

Brin said...

Sheri,

Loved this picture but especially loved this post. Wow!

Brin
www.messythrillinglife.blogspot.com

Putty said...

I've read your post. Very interesting. Feel free to visit my blogs:
www.myrajayoga.blogspot.com
www.makeupandbeautytips.blogspot.com
www.true-crime-stories.blogspot.com
www.travel-paradise.blogspot.com
www.worldentertainmentzone.blogspot.com

Regards