“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sheri's Little Vegetable Garden

A feast from the garden...

Finally, I am harvesting from my vegetable garden. What a feast! My first roma tomato is mixed in with my homegrown romaine lettuce. Anthony decided to call his mom and whip up her recipe for cucumber and onion salad...fresh from the garden. We also steamed some of our fresh wax and green beans. And a friend of mine suggested trying "cucumber" water! All accompanied by a crabcake sandwich.

Okay, so I must be thinking a lot about the east coast. I picked up a pound of Phillip's Lump Blue Crab meat at Costco and made a batch of crabcakes.

Herald Mail, September of 2000

We're not far from a little family gathering on the beaches of North Carolina's Outer Banks. It has been seven years since we have gathered the cousins on the beach. What memories we will share...

1 comment:

cammyk said...

Looks delish! I always keep a few cans of Phillips crab meat in my fridge....it's the best.

Lucky for us, there are no Surrey bikes at this beach (remember Tim's driving fiasco?). Can't wait to see you guys.