“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Sister is One of the Nicest Things
that Can Happen to Anyone

Well, here it is.
Finally, "the" vest I knit for my sister's birthday!
I delivered it a month and a day late!
Happy Birthday, Sister!

How hard it is to give up a lovingly hand crafted item.
It is as if it is part of myself.
I am so glad to be gifting it
to someone I love even more.





Anne (pronounced Annie),
Lisa's daughter and
my precious niece,
had to try on the new vest.
Lisa says she tends
to mix up our names.
Sheri and Anne.
Well, you used to hand clothes
down to me
...so, now, is it Anne's turn?







"Even when you are sixty,
you are still six
to your sister."
- Pam Brown

1 comment:

cammyk said...

Since I was lucky enough to view the sweater in person, I must let your readers know that it is even more gorgeous in person. I am sure Lisa (and Anne) will cherish it forever.