“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Welcome Home

Christopher and cousin Gracie at OBX

We have returned home from the east coast. We had a memorable time in Maryland and the Outer Banks (OBX) of North Carolina. I have so much to blog about the trip, but I am overwhelmed. I decided to dip my toes back into the blogging world by writing a reflection about my garden.

Impatient-ly waiting for me to return home

I was eager to return to my garden. I practically ran to see the ripe red tomatoes on the vine...unfortunately, I think I'll be looking for some fried green tomato recipes. Little sun and cooler temperatures while we were away. My impatients, however, welcomed me home with beautiful color and wonderful blooms. I am still awed by my garden. How one plant thrives while another pines away. Again, I realize that gardening reflects life. Birth, growth, trials, blossoms, fruit, harvest, death...as well as things I do not understand. How grateful I am to be loved by the one who is the gardener of the True Vine.


I am the true vine, and
my Father is the gardener.
John 15:1

2 comments:

Thirty-One Trendy said...

I wish I cold share some of our tomatoes with you. We've been having scorching temperatures above 100 every day and lots of sun. Our tomato plants have gone crazy! They're over 7 feet tall!!

Fried green tomatoes are delicious!

cammyk said...

Sheri,

Thank you so much for your lovely words. They really mean so much to me. It has been awfully quiet around here the last couple of days. We miss you guys already. Gracie has especially been missing Christopher. She had a difficult time Monday evening not having him around! Can't wait to see you in a couple of months.

Love,
Cammy