“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Post from My Personal Journal (08-13-07)


My collection of bird cage chimes

Sitting on the beach in North Carolina.
Reading Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest.
August 13, 2007
"Do Not Quench the Spirit." 1 Thessalonians 5:19

"The voice of the Spirit of God is as gentle as a summer breeze— so gentle that unless you are living in complete fellowship and oneness with God, you will never hear it." - O. Chambers

Hmmm... It is hard to feel a gentle breeze when...
I am moving around or
I am blocked from the breeze or
I am too hot or
I am in pain or
I am complaining (who me?).
It is impossible to feel a gentle breeze if I am NOT outside.

So, I have to put myself in the place to feel the breeze or be moved by the Lord - where the breeze actually flows.
A constant theme for me...
Make Opportunities To Be In The Breeze.

And if I get wet from the Living Water, the breeze can be even more intense.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Hi Sheri!
Thanks for your kind comment. I trust that God's will will be done, and is being done in this ole life! :-) Sigh... Must not quench His Spirit!

The Mitford books are wonderful. And it's great because I forget what I've read fairly quickly, so having a good number of books in a series insures that it's almost always like the first time reading it! :-) Haven't heard them on audio!

I love the pearls of wisdom and godly zingers in Robin Jones Gunn's books too... I do love the Glenbrooke series because of their Single Person's viewpoint; it's just that when you're waaay past being 25 and single...well, I'd love it if she'd keep writing for those like me who are single and in our 30s and 40s. She skipped to Sisterchicks--and I do love that series too--but they're all married 30s and 40s and so on. Oh well. I guess I just would like having godly fiction available that gives encouragement to single women my age, not only the young 20-somethings. :-)

I love Portland. I spent some time there 20+ years ago (my, how time flies!) and off and on for some visits since.

Blessings to you and your sweet family, in Jesus!