“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Go Ahead
Start Counting
Your Blessings

1. Early Girl 2. Roma 3. Brandywine 4. Willamette...

Well, ladybug can start counting her blessings! She won the first ever freebie giveaway at The Leaking Window. Congratulations! I'd mail the prize to you, but it would be quicker to just hand it over on Sunday...

Last week, during my grief class, the teacher handed out tally sheets for counting our blessings. We were to write down five things for the next seven days without any repeats. Five things a day that were pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, praiseworthy...

I'll share some things that I listed that I'm grateful for...
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

  • God's Love
  • Anthony
  • Christopher
  • Uniball Impact Retractable Bold Gel Pens (in black)
  • Lemon Dasani Water
  • Unexpected Sunshine (in Portland!)
  • Scented Candles
  • Soft Yarn
  • Velcro
  • Friends
  • Peanut Butter
  • The Color Pink
  • Blogging
  • Coffee
  • Inn at Perry Cabin
  • BibleGateway.com
  • My Garden
She said if we did this for the next 21 days we would change our lives. Okay, I'm game. Are you?

So, tell me... what are you thankful for?

5 comments:

Stargazer said...

Hello Sister Sheri, nice blog you have. The pictures are pretty.

Stargazer said...

I'm thankful to God for:
:) the adorable cat he sent me
:) the beautiful pair of shoes I bought
:) my 1-week holiday! (starting today)
:) for answering my prayers so many times!
:) for my blogs!

I actually have a gratitude journal online too. Which I've not updated for too long. Its nice to do this again. Thanks! :)

cammyk said...

I'm surprised coffee is so low on your list!

sister sheri said...

Gee, uh, didn't realize it might come out looking that way...um...hmmm...I guess I shouldn't have put velcro so low on the list!

Jared and Heather said...

How's the brandywine tomato?