“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Let's Get Inspirational!


I stopped by The Cottage Nest today (after checking Bloglines and seeing there was a new post on her blog!). Jen said that she was participating in her first ever swap. She called it "A Happy Miscellany Craft Swap" at the Domestic Bliss blog. So, I decided to take a look...

Well, I'm jazzed to say that I'm going to participate, too... How about you? You have to sign-up by Friday, October 26th. It's things like this that keep life interesting... creative... inspirational! Basically, you fill a box with the fun things listed with about a $10 total value. I'm thinking have I got fun stuff to swap!



Saturday, I went with a friend to Roses Glassworks and look what I created! It is a "fused glass" plate. It's hard to take a photo that really shows off the beauty of this creation, so you'll just have to come over for a cup of tea and have a glimpse.

4 comments:

Jen@The Cottage Nest said...

I'm so glad you are going to play along too!

By the way, I just recently discovered bloglines too and it sure has made my computer time simpler. I don't feel like I'm spending near as much time checking blogs now. That a good thing.

Anonymous said...

That's a really pretty plate. Can't wait to see it live.

yardenxanthe said...

I made 2 fused glass pendants at a craft fair. There was a booth where you could make them for $6 each - I thought it was a bargain. I could have made them all day!

Anonymous said...

Sheri, your plate is a beautiful work of art! You are quite the artist!!! : )
Blessings to you my dear friend.
Paula