“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The real truth behind why I had to throw out a perfectly good cup of coffee...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


Last Wednesday was a strange day for me.

I ended up dropping my cell phone in my coffee.

Yes, you read that right.

Not only did the cell phone not work, but I had to throw out the coffee. Who really knows where that cell phone had been?

Okay, so I like my coffee in a coffee mug. I just carry it out to the car (half full...or half empty...well, I'm trying to be optimistic here) and it doesn't fit in the drink holder (you know the handle gets in the way) so ... anyway ... I'm pulling out of the garage, putting down the garage door, looking for anyone in the cul-de-sac, turning off the radio, so that I can call Anthony who is on travel on the way to drop Christopher off at school.

Then I realize that I'm just not capable of doing all of this at once, so I throw the phone into my lap and PLOP! right into the coffee.

Go Ahead. LOL!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I know just how you feel! I dropped my daughter's cell phone in a bowl of salsa at a Mexican restaurant one time. It quit working, but we took it home, opened it up and blew the insides dry with a hair dryer and it started working again!

Anonymous said...

Sheri
Sounds like the start to a not so good of a day. I hope the rest of the day was better.
Love Ruth

cammyk said...

Bummer! Sounds like something I would do.

Oh yeah, I have done something like that.....dropped coffee on top of expensive digital camera.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday. Cammy