“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Sheri & Mommy (April 1988)

I've been having fun looking at old photos lately... as you can tell. As I looked through the pages of the photo albums, I came across this one. Somehow, looking at the photo gave me a flood of emotions. That I'm really beginning to understand how much my Mom really does love me. Not that I doubted it! It's just as I get older... and I sift through the past, I am so grateful that she is my Mother. As I learn what it is like to slowly, but, oh so, slowly release your child into their future... I realize that this is a very difficult task for a mother. No one gets it right... but if we love... we can try.

I love you, Mommy! Happy Birthday!

No comments: