“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So, What's in the Box?

So, what was in the swap box I sent? I went with a garden theme since it was something the receiver and I had in common. (What, me, garden?)


A handcrafted card to greet the receiver.


Packages of different shapes and sizes.


I lined the box with card stock from a MB calendar. Goodies are in a printed paper bag, handmade paper (not by me) envelopes, sheer bags, decorated box, and a tin.

Pressed dried flowers, white ribbon edging,
assorted scrapbooking frames,
floral pattern wire ribbon, and a white doily.

A handmade (by ME!) dishcloth, tin of buttons,
gardenia votive candle, votive holder (that I decorated with tacky tape cut into the shape of a flower and sprinkled white and silver beads on top),
flower ribbon, "It's A Party" raised stickers.

It was really fun pulling it all together. Being creative with the garden theme and wrapping all of the items so that it seemed like a gift. I'm half (but only half) ashamed to say that I didn't have to buy anything to put in the box. I had accumulated these items over the past couple of years. The expensive part was sending it. I decided to limit my box to a flat rate postal box which no matter the weight cost $8.95 to send.

I received my swap box yesterday. Will take photos. I'd like to take some of the items and make a project. Keep on being creative... Maybe you can give me some ideas?

If you're into "swap-ing"... Domestic Bliss is doing a Christmas Swap, but you have to sign-up by next Wednesday, November 21st.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri
What a great box, fixed up so lovely.
Love Ruth

Jared and Heather said...

That is so nice, Sheri! I love how you decorated the box and wrapped everything up. I'm sure your swap partner will be delighted when she opens it up!

Regarding us moving: we just found out on Tuesday - Jared got a job at the district office, so we're moving to Bethel Park. :)