“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, November 5, 2007

Twin Vests


I got to visit my vest. I mean the vest I made for my sister for her birthday. When I told her I was coming in to Maryland, I asked her to wear my vest... I mean her vest. I liked "her" vest so much that I took off the edging I had used on mine and re-did the edging with the same yarn (Silk Mountain by Noro). It created that heavenly scalloped effect like it did on hers. I also went to the Button Emporium and bought a new button.

(See my previous posts on July 12th and August 23rd for more details about my sister's vest saga if you're new here.)

I looove the Button Emporium. They help you pick out the most perfect button for your project. It really adds the finishing touch. In the past I have scoured JoAnn's for the perfect button... for hours (at least it seems that way!) ... still not finding the right one. I go to the Button Emporium and within minutes I have the perfect button to finish my project.

I can't wait to show you some of the other knitting projects I've completed lately. Got to make a quick Button Emporium stop and then take some photos. Although, I can't show you the project I made for a gift for Christmas already. It is the first time I've used the cable stitch. It turned out wonderful. I really want to show it to you, but the recipient is the one who inspired me to start blogging and she likes surprises. Of course, I really do like this project... I want one for myself... maybe I could wear it here in Portland and she wouldn't know? Or maybe I should make her something else? What a dilemma.

3 comments:

yardenxanthe said...

I've never been to the Button Emporium, but it sounds cool! I do love noro yarn, though, not that I have purchased much of it in my life!

Kathy said...

Wow, what a great talent to be able to make things for people's gifts. I love those vests -- I wish I had one!

Anonymous said...

Sheri
The vest's are lovely, so are the girls wearing them.
Love Ruth