“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Veterans' Day


Christopher had yesterday off of school in observance of Veterans' Day. He has asked for the past few weeks to be taken to a cemetery on Veterans' Day. Last year, his 2nd Grade teacher Mrs. L had instilled the importance of the day... that it is not just another day to have a sale, but to pay our respects to Veterans.


I knew there was a Memorial Park near Christopher's school in Beaverton. We drove there in the cold rain of a Portland afternoon to pay our respects.


It was an educational day for both of us. It's funny how children can remind you of the importance of observances. Thank you, Veterans, for your sacrifice. Some gave all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey friend ~ thank you for doing that!

Tamara Henkes

Jared and Heather said...

That's neat that he wanted to go, and neater that you took him! Good job, mom!