“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas to All


Merry Christmas!

Now, I answer the question... Where have I been the past week?  

I have been busy knitting.  Christopher now has a sweater that matches his Daddy's.  We were such a cute matching family this morning at church.  (I had made the poncho two years ago, but thought it went well with the sweaters.)  When I made Anthony's sweater I knit stockinette (knit one row, purl the next).  It had a a really loose feel, so I used a rib pattern (knit 5, purl 2) for Christopher's.  Too tight!  I'm going to try and block Christopher's sweater... it was a surprise, so I hadn't gotten a chance to try it on him.  Otherwise... do I rip it apart and start over?  Yikes!  But I've done it before.

Well, just in case I don't get a chance to say it in person, "Merry Christmas!"  Don't worry... my Christmas Card to you did not get lost in the mail.  We didn't send one this year.  I'm feeling really guilty about it.  I love opening all the Christmas wishes from my friends.  Maybe I can send an e-mail Christmas Card?  I just need to add the ripping of the envelope sound.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking family. Good job on your knitting projects.
Love Ruth

Kentucky Bound said...

What a beautiful family! Wishing you a blessed and merry Christmas.

P.S. Don't feel guilty about not sending cards this year. In our efforts to simplify the season, my friend and I have decided that if Laura Ingles or Olivia Walton didn't send Christmas cards, then it's alright for the rest of us too.