“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Meme - It's Great to Be Me!

My blogger friend Kathy has suggested I try this meme called "It's Great to be Me."  So, I have to give a list of reasons why "It's Great to be Me."  I'm going to put a little twist on it...  "It's Great to Be Me" based only on what happened to me on Friday, January 18th.
  1. I woke up my son and took him to school.
  2. I got to talk with my son on the way to school.
  3. I dropped my son off and he still lets me give him a kiss good-bye.
  4. I conversed with my son's teacher.
  5. I spent the day with a friend talking about the Lord.
  6. I gave my friend a copy of the John Waller CD called "The Blessing."
  7. My husband took me out to dinner.
  8. My husband wanted to take me out to dinner.
  9. The restaurant (Charthouse) had an incredible view over the night lights of the city.
  10. I had a Maryland crab cake at dinner.
  11. I know what a real Maryland crab cake tastes like because I used to live in Maryland.
  12. This crab cake WAS a real Maryland crab cake.
  13. Another friend* sent me a text during dinner, "hot date?"
  14. Christopher was having the time of his life at a JBQ pizza party at church.
  15. I played Killer Sudoku.
  16. I used bloglines to catch up with all of my favorite blogs.
  17. I read all of your kind and thoughtful comments on my previous post.
Well, that's just a glimpse of why "It's Great to Be Me" based only on one day of my life.  Imagine if I listed blessings from every day of my life...  

8 comments:

Amy Wagner said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog!! I will add you to my list of favorites so I can return and read more of your posts. I read just a few at this visit and knew I would like you sincerely!
Amy

Kentucky Bound said...

Isn't it amazing how the little things we so often take for granted in our lives actually turn out to be our biggest blessings?! Thank you for being a blessing to me through your blog and by "visiting me".

Liz

Kathy said...

Wow! What a great day! I gotta look up this Killer Sudoku. I love doing sudoku puzzles!

loves vintage loves to junque said...

It IS good to be YOU!!! Happy that you had such a nice time with your hubby and that the crab cake reminded you of home!!
Thanks for sahrin gall of the wonderful things about YOU!!
p.s. We are having a lot of fun with our book!!!

yardenxanthe said...

Nice list!! When we were in Maryland, we noticed that EVERYWHERE served a crabcake -- even McDonald's... we got one at McD's (I think it was like $6...)

Miss you and hope you're doing well. I still have a Christmas gift for you... (Unless my mom brought it to Bible study... not sure.)

just lisa said...

You are Very Blessed! What a wonderful day you had!

May God Continue to Bless you Richly!!!

BP said...

It sounds like a great day. I love that John Waller CD you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a great list. You truly are a lucky gal!!