“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Intentional Living

Where there is no vision, the people perish:
but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Proverbs 29:18

Did I tell you I'm working with a coach? A "life" coach that is. In September of last year, I started a program called "Successful Living: Life From God's Perspective." It basically looks at your life from seven different perspectives: Faith, Family, Priorities, Health (ugh!), Finances, Friends, and Service. I have a coach who leads me through a Bible Study about each area... then an assessment... and finally, an action plan.

Since I'm a full-time homemaker, I wondered if this made sense... I mean I really don't have any goals, or set schedules... and do I need to? or should I? But I realized that I have always wanted to live "intentionally" for God... When I look at all of the time spent with the Lord, studying, reading, praying.... and all the experiences I've had that the Lord has used in the lives of others... and what about that Mathematics Degree I earned almost 20 years ago... and what about the gifts the Lord has given me like administration, logical thinking... and what about the fact that I live here in Portland instead of my hometown of Baltimore? Am I really taking advantage of all these things for the benefit of God and those around me?

Sometimes I wonder... what are my dreams? I mean just really thinking outside the box? Can I have dreams within the dreams that God has set forth for me? Hmmmm.... do I want to coach other women after I have completed my coaching? Do I want to teach a class for women about... the friendships of women? Do I want to share about my experience with depression? Do I want to help women learn more about how to have their own personal time with the Lord and in prayer?

It is certainly a challenge for me. But I like the fact that the challenge means I'm growing... I'm learning... I'm becoming purposeful... and...

I'm dreaming...

8 comments:

Kentucky Bound said...

Just keep on growing, learning and dreaming. I think you are definitely headed in the right direction and that the Father has a mighty work in store for you!

Blessings!
Liz

Kathy said...

It sounds like a great program to be involved with. I think you have a lot to offer other women. You also have the gift of encouragement!

just lisa said...

Your blog is always so inspiring! That is great that you are working with a life coach - sounds like you would be wonderful doing this too!

You asked about my layouts: I display my layouts for a while (my favorites) on a wrought iron cookbook holder - they look pretty and all during Christmas I displayed some. But after that, they do go in an album. I display my mini ones in a basket - and I am now ready for another one! I really do love scrapbooking so much, as I am sure you can tell!

Thanks for visiting my blog and always leaving such sweet comments! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sheri
Sounds great, Something that I haven't heard of. Good luck.
Love Ruth

Grace said...

As for me - you're preaching to the choir! :) Let us know how your journey goes. It sounds very interesting.

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Wow whata (deep)thought provoking post!!! We could all learn from you and this journey. I will be very interested to see the results and how you integrate them into your long and short term goals!!!
Thanks for sharing!!

BP said...

That sounds like a good program. Is this something in your area?

Beloved MaMa said...

you inspire :)