“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Jesus Loves the Little Children

Lawrence and Daniel

Tomorrow the Children of the World Choir will be singing at our church. We have the privilege of hosting Lawrence and Daniel. They seem like regular boys that Christopher might know from school. And for those of you that know Christopher... these boys are actually more active, energetic and out-going than he is! But these are boys who have become orphans due to AIDS. Of course, we do not talk of the past with them. We talk of riding bikes, and basketball, and fun stuff. They call us... Uncle and Auntie. Oh, I love to hear them call me "Auntie"!

They are upstairs having a little "nap"... part of their routine. Tomorrow they will minister to us in song and dance and then be on their way. It's funny... at first I think we're doing them a favor by having them stay at our home... and then I realize that they are they ones doing us a favor... broadening our lives... and our hearts... I know they will not necessarily remember us... but... we will never forget them.

10 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Thanks so much for the reminder for the am service. What darling boys.

Kathy said...

What a blessing to be able to have these guys in your home. I love doing stuff like that. If their choir is anything the the African Children's choir that sang at my church, wow, it was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes.

BP said...

What a wonderful experience for you and your family and the boys as well!

Anonymous said...

Sheri
I sure that having these boys visit was rewarding for you all as well as for the boys. Great that you all could do this.
Love Ruth

Beloved MaMa said...

It was so fun to see the choir!!! I had NO idea that we could sponsor a child through this group!!! I think that I might sponsor another child in memory of my second miscarried baby...I love what they are doing for these children!!!!

yardenxanthe said...

How fun to host them!

cammyk said...

What cutie pies! I'm sure Christopher had a blast with them.

Grace said...

Seems to bring the words "More Blessed to Give than to Receive" right back to the place of prominence (oh how do you spell that!) for us all. They are beautiful! Tell 'em Auntie Grace said so!

Kentucky Bound said...

What a blessing it must have been for all of you!

Amy Wagner said...

I love this story!!
Amy