“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oops...I Did It Again!

Pièce de résistance #2

So, after my sister-in-law, CammyK of FreckledFarm, bragged all about this "I look good" hat that I made her at Christmas ... I started thinking... hmmm, would her darling daughter who is about to turn 11 years old enjoy having one just like her mom? YES! was the answer... same color... just a smidge smaller.

I made the trek to NW Wools to purchase some yummy yarn. I ended up running into the designer of the "ILG" hat, Judy. I got to ask her help in making it a bit smaller... and then told her about all the fuss about her "ILG" hat. (She said if anyone was interested in the pattern they could send a $10 check made out to "NW Wools" to: Northwest Wools, attn Judy Smitke, 3524 SW Troy, Portland , OR 97219.)

I just love this yarn! It is sooo soft! and soooo beautiful! Debbie Bliss in Alpaca Silk. You need two skeins for this pattern. I'm using an off white color. It is truly a luxury yarn... and I think it is as much of the attraction to this "ILG" hat as the pattern. Okay, so I really think I am becoming a yarn snob.

Grace's birthday isn't until March 13th, but I couldn't help myself... I wrapped up the "ILG" hat (in a little drawstring bag I made from the extra fabric I had used to wrap the box that I gave CammyK her hat at Christmas... can't you just see me giggling over my thriftiness and creativity!).. and sent it on it's way. I can't wait to see a photo of mother and daughter in their "we look good" hats!

So, I've decided it's time for Sheri to start "looking good" so I picked out a baby pink color in the same yarn to make my very own "I look good" hat... I'm wondering if I could make a whole wardrobe out of it... well, at least maybe a bathing suit?

8 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Could I place an order for the swimsuit? You are so giften. A bit jealous I might say. Darling hat.

Kathy said...

You are so talented!

yardenxanthe said...

Okay, I know we didn't hang out THAT much, but I miss you!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you are still able to text, knit and do layout on your blog after your visit to Sunset OMFS. I'm thinking my head was pretty cold on the playground after school yesterday!

Kentucky Bound said...

I'm in total awe of anyone who can knit. About the only thing I've ever mastered knitting is my eyebrows!

I love the gift wrap. I'm a BIG fan of not using wrapping paper unless I'm forced to.

Can't wait to see the ILG hat/swimsuit combo. You ARE going to model it for us, aren't you? ;)

Beloved MaMa said...

that is so neat...you are very talented :)

Grace said...

Knitting and having the project turn out right completly amazes me! Isn't great that we all can do different things!

Anonymous said...

Sheri
What a great idea, Im sure Gracie will love the hat. I like the little gift bag.
Love Ruth