“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Son of Yardenxanthe

The Big Reveal!
Good thing I only gave a sneak peak last night...
Heather admitted to stopping by my blog and
wondering if the item was for her baby shower today!

Heather aka Yardenxanthe
It's always fun giving a handmade gift to someone who loves to make and
give handmade gifts, too. (For Christmas, Heather gave me homemade blackberry preserves... which she picked from blackberry bushes off the side of the church parking lot.)

Evander
There's nothing like your handiwork being worn by the intended!

Heather and I co-led a Bible Study table last fall. Heather is a really cool hip chick. She keeps me young. I think I'm cool just because I get to hang out with her. She is creative... just stop by her website. She is kind... and we worked so well together. Right before she had baby Evander, she moved about 40 minutes away... and will be looking for a new "home" church closer to her new home. Best wishes and God Bless! I'm glad we had this season together... and who knows... maybe a lifetime!

10 comments:

Beloved MaMa said...

That is an amazing sweater, what a special gift! Heather is super sweet :0) I very much enjoyed the short amount of time I got to spend with her...She is so very creative!!!

Kathy said...

That's beautiful! I am sure that Evander loves wearing it.

Anonymous said...

Sheri
What a great gift. The sweater is just beautiful. Cute baby too.
Love Ruth

yardenxanthe said...

Thank you so much for the handmade sweater! I have always been a fan of your baby sweaters, and now I get to have one! :) Good choice on the buttons, too! :) I have enjoyed getting to know you better as well - let's hope we will continue to get to see each other and hang out! You are awesome! Love, Heather

yardenxanthe said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, cute pictures! I hope you don't mind if I steal them for my blog...

Kentucky Bound said...

What a wonderful gift! It looks so soft and comfy! The little cherub seems to like it too.

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Just adorable and if I order one do I get a precious baby with it??!!! I just love it, yo uare very talented!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing,,, I really enjoy your blog!!

Jenny said...

I love the sweater! It is amazing and you are so talented!

cammyk said...

Oh man, that little Evander is a cutie!! The sweater and hat are darling Sheri. Makes me almost want to have another one!

Nina said...

Oh man is my face red.... (mockingly - "who could see that and NOT come back tomorrow?").
ME apparently. I hate it when my words come back to bite me.
Beautiful work, it looks sooo soft!