“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Have Hidden Your Word...

Congratulations PCC JBQ!
You have hidden God's Word in your hearts!

Congratulations, Christopher (front row, 2nd from right)! His team placed 3rd in his division. He also placed in the top ten for his ability in the Quiz Bee (like a spelling Bee... but you are asked Bible Questions through elimination). His team competes in a tournament with about seven other churches in the Oregon District.

This is Christopher's second year in JBQ... er, Junior Bible Quiz. The kids are taught
Bible facts, doctrine and scripture memorization. The mission of JBQ is found in Psalms 119:11 "I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You."

This tournament took us on a 4 hour... well ended up 6 hour... trip to Grant's Pass. (Hmmm... we ended up stopping at a Denny's... I think it took us an hour just to order... I hadn't been to one in what 15-20 years?) Christopher's highlight... besides the tourney... the indoor swimming pool at the hotel. Well, maybe the true highlight was playing with Bionicles in the backseat with his best buddy, Bridger (second row, second from right). My highlight? Talking to Melissa for 6 hours non-stop on the way down... and the 4.5 hours on the way home. Thanks for driving, friend! (BTW... just love your new hat! And heard your husband does, too!)

8 comments:

Beloved MaMa said...

so cool!!!! this brings back memories of my Nazarene Bible Quiz days... so fun , so many memories , and the WORD that will stick in your mind forever...what an amazing accomplishment...Congrats :o)

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Way to go Christopher!!!::)) And it sounds like the road trip was alot of fun for the Moms!!!!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!

rachel said...

Congratulations Christopher (and Bridger)! I'm glad you guys got to do that - it sounds like so much fun!! I love road trips!

BP said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a fun trip!

We had a long wait experience at Denny's also, but it was on Christmas. We don't go there very often!

Kentucky Bound said...

Two thumbs way, way up! You really brought back memories of Bible Club competitions. So glad you had such a great trip.

Blessings!

Liz

Anonymous said...

Christopher
Way to go. Great way to learn God's word. Sorry that the trip took so long.
Love Nan

elizabeth embracing life said...

That is so cool!! I love roadtrips with good friends and kids. Congratulations to Christopher.

Grace said...

You're making some fabulous memories! All the kids will chuckle some day when they pass that Denny's and remember waiting an hour to order....and all the fun they had in the process!