“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, April 17, 2008

"I Look So Beautiful" Capelet

Anne wearing her ILSB Capelet

Here's the transcript of a voice mail I received from Anne, my sister's darling daughter, after she received a handmade capelet for her birthday.

I love my present.
I love my
present!
It's perfect.
I look
so beautiful in it.
Thank you.
Love, Anne
Bye!


So, now we have the ILG hat aka "I Look Good" hat... and the ILSB capelet aka "I Look So Beautiful" capelet. It's fun to know that my knitting is contributing to the beauty of this world.

I'm still working on the ILG hat I mentioned in my 100th post, so if you haven't left a comment yet on that post... you still have time. I'll do the drawing once I finish the ILG hat. Who knows... it could be tonight! I wanted to complete it before I left Israel so that I could say it was "Made In Israel" but that will only be partly true, now. Still, you will look GOOD!

6 comments:

Grace said...

ah....just beautiful!

Welcome home.
Grace

Amy Wagner said...

Love this post. She does look so beautiful and your work is very beautiful!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Sheri
Anne looks so cute with the capelet. Now you have another "Looks so Good".
Love Ruth

joan said...

What a darling little girl! I can see that she is thrilled with her gift. I should make something like that for my granddaughter who loves "layered" looks. That could be one more thing to put over all of her different tee shirts that she wears one on top of another!

I used to crochet a lot and did some knitting. It would be good for me to get back to it---

I'm glad you are home safely. From your posts,it sounds like you packed a lot into your time in the holy land. I know you have memories which will be with you the rest of your life.

What a wonderful experience!

Beloved MaMa™ said...

that is just amazing :o) I love it!!!

elizabeth embracing life said...

A capelet, what a darling little gal she is. I love the capelet.