“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Made In Israel (Well, kind of...)

...Down the Via Dolorosa

One of my favorite things to do when we were in Jerusalem was to walk through the shops in the city. Everything you could think of was for sale. Even yarn! I couldn't believe I actually found some yarn... in the old city of Jerusalem! I wanted to find yarn that was Made In Israel... I mean, we saw tons of sheep... but to no avail. One of the shops had yarn that was "Made In Turkey"... well, beggars can't be choosers, can they? So, I paid full price and thought it was close enough! It shall become an adorable sweater for a little nephew on the way.

All the beautiful scarves... (Made in China)

Well, talking about Made In Israel (Well, kind of...) I finished the ILG hat I was making for my 100th post giveaway. And I am finally... giving it away! So, the next person who is going to be able able to say, "Gee, I LOOK GOOD!" is my wonderful mother-in-law, Ruth. Congratulations! Now, we'll need a photo of the three generations with ILG hats!!! Okay, it can wait until next winter.

... and spices (the FDA would not approve!)

I used RANDOM.ORG to pick the ILG hat winner. Anthony had been on a blog that had used it to pick their winner and told me about it. It's almost impossible to program a computer to pick a pure random number... but they seem to have found a way using atmospheric noise... but I digress...

I have another giveaway coming up... so stay tuned...

6 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

I love this walk down the lane. I am a little baffled why they would order out for such fine products they could provide on their own, but like you said beggers can not be chooser. You can say you still purchased it there.

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures--so interesting and full of intrigue!

I'm thinking your trip is going to provide you with marvelous memories for a lifetime.

How fun to use the yarn to make a special present for a special baby!

What does your coming week look like for a get together? I am free except for Tuesday, providing I'm still in one piece after grandson's visit this week-end!! : )

Sorry I have to use anonymous today as my URL isn't showing up in blue to automatically sign me in.

Joan (aportlandgranny)

Grace said...

Maybe it will rain. You can wear the special caps in the rain. Oh - but then they would get wet! We don't want that to happen!
Cheers. Love the photos and memories.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A feast for the eyes! I would have needed a few extra suitcases, and perhaps a few extra dollars. Thanks for sharing your trip with me.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

Sheri
It looks like a nice place to walk and just take in all the different shops. It is sort of disappointing to find it isn't made in Israel.
Love Ruth

yberry said...

Better late than never, right?

You can find lovely handspun yarns made in Israel at www.soulwool.com, and 100% alpaca DK grown and spun in Mitzpeh Ramon http://www.alpaca.co.il/.

I know that peacefleece also sell some locally grown stuff, even though it's apparently a bit scratchy for garments and more recommended for weaving.

I'm also on a quest to find good locally grown and/or manufactured stuff here in Israel.

Oh, and I loved your blog, just clicked "subscribe"...