“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our Franchise Player Celebrates
His 9th Birthday With Us

Our Franchise Player

Definition from Wikipedia: Every year each National Football League team is allowed to designate a player who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent as a franchise player. This designation is applied to a player through the use of the franchise tag.

Each team has access each year to only one franchise tag. As a result, each team may only designate one player each year as that team's franchise player.

Usually designated for players

of great skill or

of high importance to the team.


After Christopher was born, people would ask us how it was going... I would jokingly say that we were going to "keep" him... he was our "franchise player"... Of course, most women would look at me with a glazed look in their eyes... and who wouldn't be confused... I'm using baseball photos for a football analogy...


But it truly said something that I felt. That Christopher was of extreme value. I would choose him above all others. I would base my entire team and franchise around this one player.


And so, each year, around April 23rd, we re-sign his contract for another year... we throw a party and celebrate... that we were fortunate enough to draft such a talented young man.

Yes, we're keeping him, alright. If there was a term for it... I guess we'd call it a "franchise player for life."

Happy 9th Birthday, Christopher!

7 comments:

joan said...

What a sweet way to put it! Have a fun day celebrating your little boy's brthday! (They are "Keepers" for life indeed!)

I'll look forward to hearing about the birthday celebration. Always fun, but tiring usually.

Have a great day celebrating this most important little son of yours!

Grace said...

I'm raising a chocolate chip cookie in his honor!!
Hope you have a wonderful year, Christopher!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Christopher!!!!!
What a very special boy he is good at baseball too.
Hope the Lego party went well.
Love Nan & Pop Pop
Great pictures.

Tanner Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday Christopher!!! Grace loved the goodie bag! She is so happy you are her friend!

sheri, you always take such good pictures! I need you to give me lessons!

yardenxanthe said...

Cool photos! Happy birthday Christopher!

elizabeth embracing life said...

That is so cool. Does he realize that his contract has been renewed for life? Of course he does. Happy Birthday to this talented young man. I LOVE this age.

Kathy said...

I hope he had a wonderful birthday! What a special time in life.