“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, May 11, 2008

It is Good for Our Hearts to be
Strengthened by Grace

"It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace..." Hebrews 13:9

I have been so fortunate to meet such incredible people in blogland. All of the encouragement and wisdom is icing on the cake.

One of my biggest fans (well, she's given me a couple awards lately, so...) is Grace from Grace Today. Her words of affirmation are feathers in my nest.

She has awarded me the "I love you this much award" and "The Royal Banana"! She stated that I am "way too crafty, honest and sweet." Me thinketh that she exaggerateth, but I'll taketh!

Grace also Tagged me a while back, and I thought I would take this opportunity to complete the tag. It is supposed to be a six word description of myself, but I'm breaking the rules and doing five... the first five letters of my name! And they have to do with my blogging... okay, and they aren't words, they are really comments, so... hmmm....

Shameless plugs for Words of Affirmation
Happy to read all of your comments
Ever reading and commenting on other people's blogs instead of keeping up on my own
Ridicously behind schedule for completing "The Friendships of Women" Series
Insecure in my blogging abilities, but loving it too much to care

Well, Grace... it is good for my heart to be strengthened by you! Hugs!

4 comments:

a portland granny said...

I love your blog! I thought your posts from Isreal were very deep and insightful. Also think you have a way with words and I love how you always have something worthwhile to blog about!! (Lots of times I have to "stretch" to think of something)

Keep it up! I love visiting!

Warmly,
Joan

Grace said...

Sister Sheri,
You made me cry! I guess I was near it anyway....but the feathers in the nest comment --- I'm nursing some little just born baby birds to hopefully survive and well, you understand.

Please try and find your way down to Sunny soon.
:)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

That girl's got some long arms. She hugged me too! Isn't she the best?

~elaine

Kentucky Bound said...

I've been touched by Grace and Sister Sheri AND Elaine many times over. I'm so thankful to have found all of you!

Blessings & hugs!

Liz