“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, June 20, 2008

Page 2, The Rest of the Story

I just wanted to do a quick follow-up on some of my latest posts
  • Siesta Summer Bible Study: No Other Gods I have to tell you that I am being challenged by this study. God does not leave stones un-turned. The study calls us to "confront our modern-day idols" and I figured out that one of my "modern-day idols" is my laptop! I should be the consumer of my laptop (and Internet), but I have become the consumee! God has blessed me with an accountability partner for the study. Vickie from Boise, Idaho. Thanks, Vickie!
  • Teacher of Our Year I did give this note to Mr. B on the last day of school. I also wrote a similar letter to the principal commending Mr. B. I try to do handwritten notes as much as possible... they just seem... well, personal! (Of course, if I had to blog by hand... yikes!)
  • Tears of Joy Summer Break... Okay, I forgot about the sleeping in thing... sweet! Of course, that only lasted a day! Whenever Christopher tells me he is bored... (and, yes, he has already said so!) I tell him to be grateful because... time flies when you are having fun... don't you want the summer to last forever?
  • As Soon as I Pray I just wanted to thank all of you for sending me a piece of sunshine. It arrived just in time!

6 comments:

elizabeth embracing life said...

What a great post to see what God is doing in your life this summer. I am glad that you took the time to write Mr. B a handwritten note. They are the best.

Tammy said...

I love handwritten notes...they are the ones I save...I thought about your question on my blog and I think you hit it on your post here...the word treasure as I was thinking of it was when it takes over our heart...we are as you said consumed. I am glad you found a partner..I am hanging solo and I do have a board to go to but there are so many there I can't keep it straight.

blessings sister

Ms.Daisy said...

You are a blessing and an inspiration. Thank you. I will be thinking about what you've posted here. We all get caught up in something and it is good to be reminded, from time to time, of what is really important in our lives.

As for handwritten notes, I usually write out notes in longhand because I believe handwritten words in a card or note are more personal.

~Jean

BP said...

I'm going to have to check out the Bible study guide.

boutcrazy said...

My son says that I'm addicted to the internet now that I've found all the blogs. At least what I'm reading is uplifting me and encouraging me in my walk with God. I noticed "Rigsby" on your bookshelf. That took me back a few years when I read it as a child.

Grace said...

Summer is my favorite season. I still don't know my favorite number. But summer is the time for fun!