“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Page 3, The Rest of the Story, The Sequel

Marianne and Dale from Bus #4
from our Trip of a Lifetime

I just wanted to do a quick follow-up on some of my latest posts
  • You Lavish Me in My Garden I found two roses in my backyard last year that had been covered in honeysuckle (which is grown like a plant here in the NW... on the east coast we called it a weed... but it sure does smell pretty...). Last year one of the roses was able to produce about two blooms... this year, it is covered in blooms. The other one did not bloom at all last year. We now have three blooms on it. We have been here six years... and I had never seen it bloom. Thanks, God, for letting me reap where I did not sow, AGAIN!
  • The Leaking Window--Our One Year Anniversary You all crack me up! Did you really think I was complaining about the rain, again, when I entitled my blog?
  • Cinco de Mayo I about cried when I read my mother-in-law's comment. "Great job. You might plant a perennial for each 5lbs. lost as a reward. It would always be a reminder." Tying my weight loss to my garden. I thought, Ruth really knows me!!! I bought the most amazing beautiful pink azalea... now to plant it! I love that there are things in my garden with a story behind them! BTW I have lost 8 pounds ... and counting... hmm... now, I'm wondering if I should reset my goal for my driver's license weight? Nah! I hope others have found SparkPeople to be as beneficial as I have. Also, the accountability thing... I haven't used the weights I bought at the garage sale yet... but I did go for a little hike today!
  • Trip of a Lifetime continues... I just got an e-mail from one of our Bus 4 mates, Marianne. She and her husband, Dale, were so kind to me. If I needed Dramamine... or a little warmth... they were there! They were also there to laugh at me when I had my first taste of beef tongue! Our friends, Kathi and Jimmy, just sent a DVD of footage from our trip to Israel. We sure were blessed with a great bunch of bus-mates!

No comments: