“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Siesta Summer Bible Study: No Other Gods


What do you perceive to be your biggest challenge
toward walking victoriously with God this summer?

My answer: Lack of Accountability!


I was checking out Beth Moore's blog the other day. I noticed that she was having a "Siesta Summer Bible Study." (Siesta is "sister" in Beth Moore's blog-ese.) She is doing a nation-wide... no make that world-wide... Summer Bible Study using Kelly Minter's "No Other Gods" workbook.

One thing I know about myself is... I need deadlines... accountability... especially when it comes to Bible Study. Okay, so call me immature, but I know me. That's why I like going to ladies' Bible Study on Tuesdays... because it helps me to stay in the Word of God... I like to have my homework done, so that I can appreciate the entire study.

My dilemma for the summer: no organized Bible Study. Until I found out about the Siesta Summer Bible Study...

I'm encouraging you to join me. I know you don't have the book, but you can still get one... and Lifeway has even provided the first week for free while you wait for your book. You'll want to read through the posts on the Siesta Summer Bible Study.

For the first "meeting" we're to discuss what we perceive to be our biggest challenge toward walking victoriously with God this summer? I told you mine: Lack of Accountability. How about you?

Beth has also encouraged us to memorize Jude 1:24-25 over the course of the study. Anyone have some creative ideas on how you do your memory verses?

To him who is able to keep you from falling
and to present you before his glorious presence
without fault and with great joy—
to the only God our Savior
be glory, majesty, power and authority,
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
before all ages,
now and forevermore! Amen.
Jude 1:24-25 (NIV)

I'll be praying that you are victorious in your walk with God this summer.

Remember, the enemy does not take a summer vacation!

9 comments:

Redeemed by Christ said...

I'm going solo as well... but I found another Utahn to do it with through e-mail. I also created a website if you would like to join its free of charge and its just designed for this Siesta Bible Study. Your welcome if you would like to join. As of right now I'm the only one on this site. The link is this...
http://www.myfamily.com/SignUp/Respond.aspx?invid=AakjhHSz10Juu9jNtnqkNQ
God Bless You!

Grace said...

I promise...I'll share about it this week. :)

Hugs!

Vickie said...

I am solo, I would love to be your accountability. :) I live in Boise, ID - my most favorite aunt lives in Portland. :)

vweers at gmail dot com

Jina said...

Sherri,

I am sorry if I mispelled your name, I can't remember it exactly form Beth's blog.

I live in Canby and have a group of 15 women coming to study the book on Wednesday nights, starting tonight.

We are starting at 7 with dessert and then 7:45 or 8 with the study. My heart is to let God do the work as we listen to His direction with facilitating. We will be dividing into groups to pray and for more intimate sharing after the initial discussion and worship.

Please email me at pattonfamily@sterlink.net if you want to join us! I would love to meet you!

Blessings,
Jina

ProverbsWomanWannaBe said...

I was solo, then a nice lady from RI asked me to join them, then 2 women from my church said they would try and do it... and then I saw this... and had to get on the band wagon and say HEY!!!! Blessings!
Kristin
Great Idea!!!!

Kathy said...

I love those verses from Jude! I need to use them on my blog sometime.

BP said...

I read about this too. I'm in the middle of a study right now though. I did put the verses from Jude on my list to memorize.

Kristen Schiffman said...

I just caught up on Beth's blog and LOVE THIS IDEA! I've been so busy I didn't know it was going on -- but I'm going to get a copy and join the ranks I think. I'd love a summer study.

And I love your blog.

Tammy said...

I hav been doing this as well...solo although there are a few of us who are at a forum...sharing...oh I am so glad to see you as well...I am on lack of discipline...

have a blessed weekend