“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Teacher of OUR Year



Mr. B

Anthony and I wanted to thank you for such a great school year. Our move to this school was not of our design, but God certainly knew ahead of time how much you and this school would benefit Christopher.

Your dedication to excellence and the success of each child is to be commended. Although this was a difficult transition, your class structure and routine helped Christopher to get on track quickly.

We are so thankful to God for you. May He bless you over and above the blessings we could even imagine. May your summer be restful and reflective and full of memories.

In God's grace...

7 comments:

a portland granny said...

What a great letter! That teacher will so appreciate hearing from you. This kind of note is what makes teaching worthwhile!

I'm glad Christopher had a good third grade experience. Those early years are so important for getting the roots of learning placed deeply. You were blessed to have a teacher you felt was a positive influence in your son's life. What a joy and blessing for you. his parents.

Thanks for stopping by often with your sweet comments. I hope we can do something this summer.

Are you rejoicing in the sunshine of the last couple of days????? I know you are. Maybe our summer flowers will start growing properly!!

Blessings,
Joan

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

What a beautiful post honoring Christopher's teacher. They make such a difference!! I hope he is able to see how much of a positive impact he has had on your lives!!

Tanner Family Blog said...

I am so glad you did such a sweet post! He really was such a great teacher!!!! We will miss him so much next year!
I feel so blessed that we are all there!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Sister S does Mr. B read blogs. He really needs to read this. Ever so special to honor those who spend priceless days with our children. So sweet of you to honor him in this way.

BP said...

I think it is so kind to write a letter to the teacher. I remember when I was in school my Mom wrote appreciation letters to my teachers. From my teaching days, I know how much those cards/notes from parents mean.

Anonymous said...

Sheri
What a great way to honor Christopher's teacher. Good comments need to be made when someone does a great job. Christopher glad you had a great 3rd. grade.
love Ruth

Beloved MaMa said...

from a teacher's wife: my husband keeps all of his notes like this as encouragment for the times when he gets the exact opposite kind of notes... Thank you for encouraging this very hard working teacher you son had!