“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, June 30, 2008

A Wrong Turn

Mt. Hood Strawberries
One of the Many Benefits of Living in Oregon

We were returning from a vacation in Sunriver. Driving through Sandy, traffic took a dead stop. We decided to work our way through the back roads to get home.

We took a wrong turn. Fortunately, we have a GPS unit (TomTom) and we knew where we would end up... but we had no idea what we would find on the way.

Have you ever been re-routed along the way? You thought you made a wrong turn, but in the end... you were glad you did?

Sometimes, you just might end up with the reddest ripest strawberries you've ever seen!

9 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Sheri,
Sometimes God reroutes me and sends me off in a direction I never dreamed of but when He changes my direction you can bet I find something wonderful at the end of my journey! He sends wonderful gifts when he reroutes us if we just look for them. Blessings, marlene

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Everthing happens for a reason!
These looks so freah and beautiful!!
Enjoy!

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Oops I meant FRESH!!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

oh, I'm salivating just thinking about the jam and shortcake I could make with these beauties! Usually my detours involve eyes that rarely see the treasures along the way. I so focused on the end result, I often miss the beauty of the interruption.

Beautiful picture. Beautiful thoughts.

peace~elaien

Tammy said...

There is a season for all. I love strawberries..those look so good.

blessings

BP said...

Those look so delicious.

I think it is better to look at these redirections from God as blessings for the good that come from them rather than with a negative heart of grumbling and complaining that plans changed. This is something I need to work on in all areas. Some little things I do okay on this and other times I look back and think why didn't I have a better attitude about that situation.

Tanner Family Blog said...

Hi,
We miss seeing you guys! I have a friend who always says her so called "wrong turns" have been some of her biggest adventures!

I love the strawberries, and I'm so excited for the fruit this summer. We always go to Sauvie Island to get ours and then make jam.

How was sunriver?
We had a good week in Black Butte - it wasn't very crowded which made the pool super fun and the kids loved it!

Ms.Daisy said...

HI, Wrong turns and bends in the road have always been an adventure to me (unless the gas tank is on empty!) I am so curious about what is around the bend or where we will end up when a wrong turn has been taken.
You have been chosen for an award...come on over to my blog and see!
Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
Blessings to you,
~Jean

Beloved MaMa said...

awesome and so true!