“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Family of Medalists

Not Quite the Olympics, But It'll Do!

This was our fourth year participating as a family in the Pacific Crest Weekend Sports Festival in Sunriver, Oregon.

I ran... yes, I actually somehow ran... a 5K. Okay, so most of you could have walked faster than I ran, but I did it!

For the past two years it has taken me so long to cross the finish line that they actually ran out of medals and had to mail mine at a later time. No, I am not kidding. It is really quite anti-climatic to get a medal in the mail.

So, this time I got my medal at the finish... and I wore it later throughout the day. Well, so, I only wore it in the car... but it did feel great!

Anthony ran a half marathon this year and Christopher competed in his fourth triathlon. The Splash-Pedal-Dash!

Splash!

Pedal!

Dash!

So, when was the last time you earned a medal? Or were rewarded for a job well-done? I'd encourage you to experience that feeling, again... or even for the first time.

13 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

The last time I earned a medal was really a pin but whatever. It was in May when I finished the second year of a four year Bible study at my church. The very best kind of award! Blessings, marlene

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

How Wonderful!!
Way to go for Everyone!!!!

Eleanor said...

Congrats on the medal and your award awarded by The Daisy Chain. I also managed a 5 km once but that was a while ago. Now I just walk my dogs everyday. Lovely to find you cosy little blog. Love Eleanor at Thatchwick

Tammy said...

Way to go. I can't remember the last time I won a medal. Proud of your accomplishment. I am not sure I could do that.

blessings

BP said...

Congrats! That looks like fun. I don't know the last time I won a medal either.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You go girl! I love to run, although I've never won a medal.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

Sheri and family
What a great way for a family to vacation. I have never won any medals so congratulations to all three of you.
love Ruth

Vickie said...

to get my knees back up to par so I can run another one this year. Hope all is well. Looks like you have been pretty busy. :)

elizabeth embracing life said...

Congrats on YOUR medal. I know it must feel terrific to have comleted the race and be handed your medal. What a fun family event.

a portland granny said...

So good to catch up with you! I am enjoying your posts. What a wonderful fun way to spend a few days over in central Oregon. I didn't even know they had such an event!

Hope your summer is going well and that you are enjoying the sunshine!! I know I am. I feel like a different person when the sun shines!

Thanks for visitng me when I was on "leave".

Warmly,
Joan

Grace said...

Congratulation!

Does giving yourself a sticker just 'cause count??

Good for you guys! I'm really impressed.

Kentucky Bound said...

I've just been catching up on all of your happenings from the past couple of weeks.

Congrats on your medal. If blogger awards count, then I just received one this week. Otherwise, I think it would probably be when I was in 6th grade - back in the dark ages.

Blessings!
Liz

Ms.Daisy said...

Congratulations! What a lot of fun for your family!
I think the last medal I won was for hopscotch in the sixth grade! LOL! :-)

Ms. Daisy (Jean)