“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Abomination

Do you mind?!

Please pray for me! You know I love Legoland... but these people have been violating my perceived rights! The Abomination! Can't I just get a picture of my son alone with R2D2? Do you have to appear to be trying to get in front of me in the ice cream line? Could you just stand back about two feet? How rude! That person just walked right in front of me! Could you quiet your screaming child who obviously needs a nap? Do you mind?! You're violating my personal space!

I'm not asking you to pray that I won't be bothered by the people around me. I'm asking you to pray that I would not sin in my anger. Yesterday, a woman sat in front of me. And I asked her to move. Well, she was sitting in a spot that she shouldn't be sitting. It was reserved for children. And she was blocking my view. And my son was going to be on stage and I wanted Anthony to be able to get really good photos of him. And I asked her to move. And she did.

But afterwards, I felt like an idiot. Why had I lost it? What had happened to me? Too many violations in a row? Too tired? What about my "christian witness" to those around me?

So, today, when I return to Legoland I am going to practice what I "preach"... I am going to submit my perceived rights to God. Because on my own... I just can't do it. And that is the point.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

my dear
we all have those moments and God has forgiven you and I think you should too. I pray today at legoland was a blessing to you. Praying for you as always.

StitchinByTheLake said...

This is so hard Sheri - we all have those thoughts and the feelings of guilt that accompany them. For me one day at a time sometimes is one moment at a time - reminding myself that God loves this rude person just as much as He loves me (though I'm not sure why He would!) :) blessings, marlene

a portland granny said...

I hear you, girl!! People can be so irritating in an unconscious way! I have become more aware of my impatience with people and situations, and have made an effort to curtail it, but it often happens, to my shame!

What a fun adventure to be able to go to Legoland! We have never been there, but have thought it would be a great place to take the "grandies".

Hope to see you soon, when school begins--yikes, its just around the corner!

Have fun!
Joan