“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

About three shelves up.


I forgot to tell you that I lost my hope a while back. But, it's okay, really... I found it. I have to admit that I had stopped looking for it.

And do you know where I found it? In the cupboard next to the sink. About three shelves up. I had added it to a bunch of rocks in a flower display/vase. I took the flower display down... and there it was. So, I hadn't really lost my hope. I just didn't know where it was.

I decided to set it out on my patio table and put some flowers from my garden in the display.

And then it hit me. I really had lost my hope. Each morning I would come out to the garden... and I would be disappointed. It would be gray and cool. Or it would be sunny, but too cold... no humidity. It was just too cold for me to spend time in the garden. Time when I knew the Lord might speak to me. I felt like I was missing out on the best part of summer.

And then God reminded me. His timing is perfect. Even in the garden. There were things I was not ready to hear yet. Things God wanted to speak, but I was not ready to listen. Just like my garden, I had needed a little fertilizer... or a little time to be fallow.

And now, here I am. Ready to weed. Ready to prune.

Ready to reap.

7 comments:

just lisa said...

Love this post....so true!! I think i have felt the same way lately too. But, I know God's timing is everything and he has a reason for everything.

Thanks for visiting my blog...it made me happy to see your post!
take care,
lisa

Ms.Daisy said...

Lovely post...I treasure my time in my garden also. Although, I haven't been out except to water because it has been so hot and humid! The crepe myrtle is blooming and is a lovely magenta color! I'm loving it!

Ms. Daisy

BP said...

I always enjoy reading what you have to say. God's timing is best for us. I'm gald you found your hope!

BP said...

Also, thank you for your comment on my post about my miscarriage. I was looking on your blog to see if you had your email, I will email you a story about her and her name. My email is preciousmoments2004 AT gmail DOT com.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hope is easy to lose but not so easy to find - I'm glad you found yours. When that happens to me I make myself sit down, relax, and read His Word. And there it is! Right between the covers of that book. :) Blessings, marlene

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hidden hope.

Makes the discovery of its existence even more thrilling. Glad to know it's made its way to your table again.

Great thoughts this morning.

peace~elaine

Tanner Family Blog said...

Great Post!
The days are flying by - almost school again!!!
let's try to get together before!