“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, August 4, 2008

Benjamin Luke

Welcome to the family Baby Benjamin Luke!
Congratulations to Tim and Tamra and
Big Brother Ethan and
Big Sister Emma!

8 lbs 2 oz
21 3/4 inches
Wednesday, July 30th, 2009


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16 NIV


3 comments:

a portland granny said...

What a lovely baby! Is he your nephew? Such a blessing. I love the Psalm you put under the pictures. Isn't that just something to think about and marvel over?

I have appreciated your posts and your honesty in expressing yourself. I think you have an ability to share your self in such an open, honest manner. So often I can identify with what you write about.

Thanks for visiting my post. I put two pictures up, just for you. (not in twin outfits, but the age is right)

I can hardly wait to be able to visit with you.

Warmly,
Joan

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I love this scripture...one of my favorites. Did you know that the word "woven" carries the idea of "adorning with colors"? Isn't that just beautiful?

What a lovely and precious new life you're celebrating. God is good to grace our lives with such extravagance.

peace~elaine

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a beautiful, beautiful child. There is nothing more satisfying than holding a little one in your arms knowing that they have complete peace there. Blessings, marlene