“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, August 29, 2008

But to each one of us Grace has been given...

Sister Sheri and Grace

I had the unique opportunity to meet one of my blogging sisters, Grace of Grace Today. We happened to be in her neighborhood on Wednesday... Sunny, California! Grace and I originally met on-line through our blogging sister, Beloved Mama. Grace has known Beloved Mama for quite some time. I have been fortunate to meet Beloved Mama through our Ladies' Bible Study at church.

We had a wonderful lunch overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Anthony and Christopher joined us and I think we talked her ears off!

Grace has been inspirational to me. I wrote a post about her called, It is Good for Our Hearts to be Strengthened by Grace. She has also exhorted me (well, the blogging community) to get back to blogging... which inspired me to write Substandard. You'll notice the little "thank you" to Grace at the bottom of the post referencing her post called Blogland. The "Substandard" post got me back to blogging and not being so concerned about getting it right all the time. What freedom!

It is truly amazing how God brings us together. How He has given us grace... and in this case, Grace!

But to each one of us
grace

has been given as Christ apportioned it.
Ephesians 4:7

7 comments:

Kathy said...

How cool! I had the pleasure of meeting a blogger friend this summer also!

Tammy said...

How wonderful you got to meet your dear friend. Glad you had a lovely time

StitchinByTheLake said...

Well I'm just downright jealous that you got to meet Grace and that Grace got to meet you! What fun that was! I won't be getting to California any time soon - maybe in this lifetime if the gas prices don't slow down - but that's ok. I'll just meet you in Heaven. :) blessings, marlene

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm so envious...and the ocean to boot!

Glad for your connection with one another. I toast you with a glass of sweet tea from the opposite coast.

peace~elaine

Grace said...

Such fun! I intend to post the other photo this week... once Max is fully consoled...

It was truly wonderful having lunch together with your family here in Sunny. :)

And Marlene has it completely correct; the best is yet to come - regardless! I'll have sweet tea available every day there, promise Elaine!

Kentucky Bound said...

I'm with Marlene and Grace! I so wish that I could meet each and every one of my Blogging Pals face to face on day. It's so comforting and exciting to know that we'll be united one day on the "other side of Jordan".

Blessings from The Creek!

P.S. I am REALLY glad you're back to blogging.

Beloved MaMa said...

It's fun to see how God brings about appointed friendships :) I'm so glad you both met in person.