“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hide and Keep


I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
~ Psalm 119:11, NLT


Have you ever felt distant from the Lord? Wondering... how do I "get right" with God? How do I know what He wants from me? What exactly is sin? What makes something a sin?

We can know what the Lord requires of us.

But we have to stop guessing. And we have to start reading His Word (the Bible) and hiding His Word in our hearts.

Not only reading His Word, but hiding it in our hearts. The word hiding here doesn't mean that we have hidden it and we can't find it. But it speaks more of hiding it deep within so that the enemy cannot take it from us. Keeping it close. We are guarding it. Defending it. Remembering it.

Those along the path are the ones who hear,
and then the devil comes and
takes away the word from their hearts,
so that they may not believe and be saved.
Luke 8:12 NIV


2 comments:

Ms.Daisy said...

I love this post! Thanks!




~Jean

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I love the parable of the seeds. I love that good soil yields good results and that my Father has called me good. He's sure been doing some tilling in me lately. It has felt anything but good!

Yes, the ego thing...

peace~elaine