“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Kiki for Benjamin

Meow! I've been anxiously waiting for you, Benjamin.

I am made from yarn purchased in Jerusalem, Israel.
Especially for you.

Just like you, I am one of a kind.
I was supposed to be a sweater,
but when your Auntie Sheri saw my pattern in a book...
she thought we would be good together.
I'll (hopefully) last a lot longer than a sweater anyway!
I am the first yarn toy that your Auntie Sheri ever attempted.

Well, better be going.
Auntie Sheri is about to stitch a little
"Knit with Loving Stitches"
tag on me
and then I'll be on my way!

8 comments:

a portland granny said...

That is just adorable!! Baby will love it!

Wow, you have been doing a lot of blogging lately. I'm so glad to read your thoughts. Thanks for sharing them.

I have only sat out on my patio once this summer. Its either too cold or too hot for me. However my flowers seem to like the summer--they are blooming in profusion.

Enjoy today--it looks mild--haven't been out in it yet, however.

Be blessed
Joan

Tanner Family Blog said...

I just read your post called "substandard." I feel that way every time I do a post! I think everyone feels that way sometimes. You are such a GREAT writer - you are very good at expressing yourself!! I love all of your posts!
Congrats on the new baby joining your family!
Summer is flying by!!!!

Tammy said...

Oh this is just adorable. I just thought it was the cutest thing.

Anonymous said...

Sheri
The Kiti sure turned out great. Ben will surely love it.
Ruth

tim kaetzel said...

he will absolutely love it!!! Its adorable!!!

BP said...

That is cute! I've never seen one like that.

gracie said...

Benjamin will love it.

gracie

cammyk said...

He turned out just perfect. I'm sure he will become a longtime friend of little Benjamin.