“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, August 25, 2008

Legoland


C is for "Christopher"!


Legoland 2008


Two years ago Anthony, Christopher and I went to Carlsbad, California to visit Legoland. We had such a wonderful time that I've been asking to return ever since. I finally got my wish. The same week (we were here for our 18th anniversary), the same hotel, the same room!

Anthony had hesitated returning to Carlsbad thinking that we might end up overwriting a wonderful experience. Have you ever done that? Revisited something and it didn't live up to the memory?

I've done that. A couple years ago, I decided to try my most favorite ice cream flavor from childhood: PINK BUBBLEGUM. Thinking I would re-live memories... feel like a kid, again. All I have to say about that is... YUCK! So wish I had not done that!

Fortunately for me returning to Legoland has been like a dream. I'm like a kid in a candy shop. Grinning from ear to ear. Oh, yeah... and Christopher and Anthony are having fun, too!

3 comments:

Tanner Family Blog said...

I can't believe it!!! It's too bad we didn't cross paths there! We had a great time there!
Even Truman loved all the rides!
Have a good trip!
Let's talk when you get back!

Ladybug Landing said...

So glad it worked out in the positive column! Enjoy our fleeting summer. "Fleeting" I thought that was a Sheri-ish word. You are quite the wordsmith, sistersheri! much love!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a great time the second time around. Hope to hear more about the trip.
Ruth