“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Monday, August 4, 2008

Re-Assurance

Tumalo Waterfalls, Oregon

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
about my weaknesses,

so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

I was considering one of my weaknesses today.
Lack of confidence.
Always needing reassurance.

And I thought did I really write that correctly "Always needing REassurance"? So my weakness is that after I have already received assurance... I need to hear it, again.

Yup, that about sums it up.

So, how is it that God's power can be made perfect in my weakness? I figure that as I need reassurance... and this is true for all my relationships... I must also need it from Him. Where must I turn to find my reassurance in God? The Bible. Prayer. I have to turn to God, Himself.

And that's a good thing. A very good thing. Exactly where He wants me.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love those verses about His strength being made perfect in our weaknesses. They are so encouraging!

BP said...

Thank you for the encouragement. That is a powerful verse when I stop and consider all those things I consider weaknesses in my life.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I struggle with this too. I am reminded of part of a children's song, "they are weak but He is strong." On a trip to Colorado last year my sister and I agreed to ride 4 wheelers with our DHs. Not a wise move. Up and down the mountain in ruts deeper than my car. When we finally arrived at our destination she asked me how I remained so calm when she was scared to death. I told her I was singing Jesus loves Me at the top of my lungs! She couldn't hear me because the motors were so loud. :) I was weak and afraid, but He was strong and calmed my fears. Blessings, marlene
P.S. I won't be riding 4 wheelers on a mountain again though!