“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, August 1, 2008

Substandard

I'm struggling today.

I want to write a post.

I have so much I want to share with you.

I start to write... and then... well, it just gets complicated.

I have a fear of being misunderstood.

I open a "New Post" and start to write... it feels good.

And then... here I am... feeling uncertain, insecure... at a loss for words.

I hit "Save Now" as if I will return to my draft and finish the post.

Which I don't.

I really am here. Blogging. You just can't read all my posts because they are drafts.

I have to hit that "Publish Post" button.

But I don't want to share my substandard posts with you.

So, you wonder where I am at... perhaps enjoying the summer.

But here I am, keeping my thoughts to myself.

Actually, a little miserable because I am keeping my thoughts to myself.


ps. a note to Grace... thanks.

4 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I have struggled all summer with my writing. Really, I have. But here's the deal. I can't not write. I worry less about perfection and more about substance. If you want to write, do it. Express it from the deep well within and let it go. It's good therapy and the reader knows when it comes from your heart.

Stick to paragraphs...a thought perhaps...if the other seems to daunting. You'll find your groove again. As for mine?

It left mid-May and I hope it returns somewhere in the neighborhood of August 11th! Also, when I get in a slump, I get to the Word and allow God to teach me. He's got such good material in there, but then again, you know that!

You're a great writer, and I love coming here. Keep to the pen. Keep to the road. Keep to Jesus. And for heaven's sake...Keep writing for Grace's sake. She's on her "box" today about it.

peace~elaine

StitchinByTheLake said...

I agree with Elaine! Keep on keepin' on. We all have days or weeks when the writing doesn't seem to come easily. But the urge to write is still there, struggling to peek its head out. We aren't what we want to be but we are becoming what God wants us to be - and that's true with writing as well. One sentence at a time, one paragraph at a time. You can do it. Blessings, marlene

Ms.Daisy said...

"Keep on keeping on." It sometimes is hard and I do the same thing...start a post and "save" it then start again and again and finally something appears and I can hit "publish!" You just have to keep going!

~Jean

Kentucky Bound said...

I know it's belated . . . but don't stop! If for no other reason than there is at least one person out here that has been touched by each and every word you have written over the past year.

Blessings from the creek!

Liz