“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dreary... No, It's Not the Weather

One thing I learned during the Dark Night of My Soul... the news is not my friend. With all of the political and economic upheaval... it is all any one is talking about... even Christopher.

I was just sharing with a friend of mine about how I'm teetering close to the edge of depression... it's too much to handle. I'm okay when I'm away from it.... I can focus on the fact the God is still God... and that there have been worse times... and the Lord has shown Himself faithful.

But today, my darling sister, Lisa, sent me this e-mail... and it sums it up for me. This is what I can count on... the only way I can live one day to the next... with peace... without being dreary...

Top 10 Predictions
No Matter Who Wins the Election

(or who economically gets bailed out!)

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

2. Prayer will still work.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still guide His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!

5 comments:

Tanner Family Blog said...

I love your post today! I also have been feeling totally overwhelmed by the "news" lately! I loved the e-mail you got about the 10 things!!! I read it to Nathan and we both loved it, so thanks for sharing it!

JudyL said...

Those are 10 things you surely won't hear on the news these days. Those things should give us hope every day . . election and politics or not. Thanks for sharing them.

Grace said...

Double Dog dare you to send this in to Andy Rooney...

:) Love it!

Kentucky Bound said...

Overwhelmed seems to be the "feeling of the month". Thanks for the reminder. We all need to LET GO AND LET GOD!

Blessings from the creek!

Liz

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've shut it down in my household. Completely. It worries me too much, and I quickly see how satan uses it to bring my faith to a low level. I hate politics; not because I don't love people but because of the divide it creates and the open hostility that goes with...ugggghhhh! So I'm done with the new; I will, however, allow myself a good Hallmark movie from time to time and the "Biggest Losers" and "Extreme Makeover" from time to time.

TV is such a trigger for me. Glad to know I'm not alone.

peace~elaine