“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit: Living God's Way...


"But what happens when we live God's way?

He brings gifts into our lives,
much the same way that fruit
appears in an orchard—
things like
affection for others,
exuberance about life,
serenity.

We develop a willingness to stick with things,
a sense of compassion in the heart,
and a conviction that a basic holiness
permeates things and people.

We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments,
not needing to force our way in life,
able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

Legalism is helpless in bringing this about;
it only gets in the way.
"

Galatians 5:22-23 The Message

2 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Thanks for this reminder of the good gifts of God. blessings, marlene

BP said...

I love this! I was wondering as I was reading if it was a verse or something you'd written. I enjoy the Message.

Have a great week!