“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Thursday, September 4, 2008

What Do You Need?


What do you need?

Do you need to rest?

Do you need peace?

Strength?

Guidance?

Are you afraid?

Do you need protection?

Comfort?

Are your enemies succeeding?

Do you need healing?

Is your cup empty of blessings?

Could you use a little goodness?

How about unfailing love?

Do you know what your future holds?

Well, I have some extraordinary news for you...



1 The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.

2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.

3 He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

4 Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.

Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.

5 You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.

You honor me by anointing my head with oil.

My cup overflows with blessings.

6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.

Psalm 23 (New Living Translation)

5 comments:

Beloved MaMa said...

Hi there :) I just clicked over to Becoming Me to see what she wrote...yes, very similar indeed! This year God's been nudging me to prioritize my life...I'm just now getting back in school and learning to say NO without feeling guilty :) I do know Angela through the bloggy world and then discovered we have common friends outside of bloggy world too! She's one of my facebook friends. I thoroughly enjoy her writing and she very much inspires me. It seems God is nudging many of us to re-prioritize and make him #1.

Hurray, we're facebook friends :)

a portland granny said...

I love this beloved Psalm in all of the translations you are sharing with us! Thank you. I have several things on that list you wrote I need. I don't know if I ever thought of all those things in Ps. 23...but it does fit. Great reminder--i'm in the valley right now (not of the shadow, but despair) I'm thinking this Psalm would be a great one to say through out the days that sometimes drag when I am housebound.

I'm so glad you are spending time on this Psalm.

Thanks,
Joan

Karol said...

Great words of biblical insight and wisdom... I found you through A Portland Granny, I had asked her to share other area bloggers with me... I love your blog. I'll check in often! I'm in Tualatin, where are you? Karol

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I need a lot today. Thankfully, God can handle my need.

Resting in the truth of a Shepherd's guiding love~elaine

BP said...

Thank you for sharing this in the various translations. I went through and read them all today. I bought a book about the 23rd Psalm at the book sale.
I will join you in your challenge (a few days late!).