“Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road;
make me a fork
, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.” - Jim Elliot

Friday, September 5, 2008

Written Almost 300 years ago...


My Shepherd Will Supply My Need

by Isaac Watts written 1719


My Shepherd will supply my need:
Jehovah is His Name;
In pastures fresh He makes me feed,
Beside the living stream.

He brings my wandering spirit back
When I forsake His ways,
And leads me, for His mercy's sake,
In paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death
His presence is my stay;
One word of His supporting grace
Drives all my fears away.

His hand, in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
His oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise.

There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

2 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sheri I've enjoyed all of your posts on this Psalm but this writer really spoke to my heart today. blessings, marlene

just lisa said...

beautiful!! Yesterday, they read Psalm 23 at my grandmother's funeral. I also read a pretty poem - nothing biblical - but very pretty about others seeing her coming to heaven. I'll have to share it with you sometime....I think you would like it.

Take Care!